Wednesday 11 December 2013

Mars Bar Slice

 
I do realise that I have posted quite a few desserts/treat foods recently.
Mars Bar Slice is a simple slice for kids to make, that doesn't involve the use of an oven.
In many of our classes, we do not have access to an oven,
so we employ other cooking methods. 
I actually recall the first time I tasted this delectable slice, and thus call it my Belinda slice, as I think of my friend Belinda each time I make or even see it.
This can be made ahead of time, popped in the fridge, then brought out for the many of Christmas and end of year events that the girls and I attend over December.
You can replace the mars bars for snickers, honeycomb, cherry ripe, Turkish delight etc, to put some variety in. 

Ingredients:

  • 90 g butter
  • 3 x 85 g Mars Bars, roughly chopped
  • 3 cups Rice Bubbles
  • 250 g milk chocolate block

Method:

1.    Prepare a slice tin by lining with baking paper and set aside.In a glass bowl, place butter and Mars Bars. Heat in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and remove to stir.
2.    Pour Rice Bubbles into the butter/Mars Bar mixture one cup at a time mix. Mix until all combined.
3.    Press into the slice tin with the back of a large metal spoon. Set aside.
4.    Break the block of chocolate into small squares and microwave for 1 minute and stir for 30 seconds. Heat for 20 seconds more if it doesn't become smooth and creamy.
5.    Pour the melted chocolate over the Rice Bubbles mixture and spread evenly.
6.    Cool in fridge until chocolate hardens. Lift slab out of tray with baking paper place on cutting board.
7.    Once it is room temperature, cut into squares with a large sharp knife.


No comments:

Post a Comment